A Whole Lot More

These are my stories... A bit stupid, a bit deep, a bit funny and all real.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Life in Sydney - Part 1

Hi my loved ones!

So here we go again… Sorry for taking soooo long before writing the first chapter of my new journey. I just checked my flight itinerary and realized I have been away from home for 3 weeks! That’s almost a month! It really took me some time to settle in, and feel comfortable enough to give myself time to sit down and write this. As you, my loved ones know, I can’t really let “important” things slide and these things bother me, until they have been taken care of. Now I feel like most of them have been taken care of and am slowly starting to feel the freedom and the special vibe you get, when you are away from everything you are used to.

When I arrived to Sydney, I was picked up by a small Korean DJ/promoter (he booked Guy to play in Seoul once, but studies and lives here) and his Gay Australian boyfriend. They took me to their apartment in Surry Hills, the “soho” aka gayland of Sydney. We watched the finals of Australian Idols on my first night here and held hands when they FINALLY told who was the winner. After that there were some really cool fireworks over the famous operahouse, which we could see very well from their balcony. Quite a nice welcome, as a matter of fact.

Somehow I didn’t feel that comfortable with them two and the small Korean leather sofa, so the day after I moved to a dirty little room in Bondi. You might have heard of the famous Bondi beach, which is the most touristy and backpackerish beach in Australia. The house was filled with really nice Swedish people, whom I had heard of through my other Swedish friends that I met in Bali. It’s a really small world, when you are traveling...

Besides getting bitten by all kinds of small creatures, watching some hot doghumping every morning and doing my world famous Swedish imitation (which all Swedes seem to hate), I spent a lot of the time looking for a decent place to stay. I wanted something more central, so it would be easier for me to do my work… As much as living right next to the beach and all the nice Scandinavian & Brazilian chick sounds great, it’s not what I came here for. I came here to find a nice jewish girl and marry her and her money. That’s why I moved to Double Bay, also known as Double Pay. Lots of rich bitches out here. Even Nicole Kidman lives very close. I thought of marrying her, but I think it would be very problematic. How do I tell her that I really hate her work as an actress?

So now I have a nice room, in a pretty nice house, with pretty cool flat mates, with a pretty dirty bathroom, in a pretty good location, with a cool little beach around 10 minutes from here (just came back from my first dip in the sea as a matter of fact). The only thing that I am really missing is an internet connection. This is up to my flat mate to take care of and I guess he has got more important things on his mind. Like arranging his closet and shit. Shit as in “other shit”, not sitting in the toilet and shitting. Even though he has been sitting in the toilet and shitting much more then ordering an internet connection. Anyways… I forgive him, because I am a peace-loving creature that wants to get a long with everyone. But inside I am starting to hate him.

At the moment I am waiting for the samples of the clothing brands to arrive and then start meeting with all the shops and buyers etc. Step into working mode and see how it all goes. The mainstream style here is very suitable for both brands, so I feel that they could go down extremely well… The only thing I need to do, is do a good job in selling them TO the shops, so people could go and get them. I’m pretty excited about what’s going to happen with this and can’t wait to have my first meetings. I know that I will be very nervous and I know there is a lot of competition out there. Just have to hope & believe that the brands themselves are strong enough. Well, enough about business really. It’s kind of boring. Especially as nothing has happened with it yet. I will keep you posted on it in my next email.

OK everyone. I hope to hear back from all of you and miss you all very much. Life is so different when you don’t have your family and your close friends around you. I don’t think that anyone should live like that for too long. Hmmmmh, so what am I doing here? Well, I guess I have to find a REALLY rich Jewish girl and fly all of you down here. The fact that it is summer here from November to around April is really great and the idea of spending two summers every year is still very appealing to me. I also know that this trip, will once again teach me a lot about myself and about life. About washing my clothes and going to the grocery shop by myself. About understanding that if I don’t buy salt from the shop, it will just not be there and my avocado toast will taste like something is missing.


It should take around 7 to 14 working days to get the internet working and then I promise to send emails more often and be online for skypeing and MSNning with all you geeks !

Here are al my details, so you would have no excuse for not staying in touch with me:
Mobile: +61 00000000000 (My phone is on mute, when I’m sleeping, so you can call me anytime).
Home: +61 222222222222 (check out the time differential before using this one)

Skype: miscmanagement
MSN: miscmanagement(at)hotmail.com
Email: oded(at)awholelotmore.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters