A Whole Lot More

These are my stories... A bit stupid, a bit deep, a bit funny and all real.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Life in Sydney - Part 3

Heeeya hooooo !!!
First of all, merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, a great new year and all of that. I feel that I have missed all of you most around this time. Even though I am not into all the mumbo-jumbo that comes around with the festive seasons, there is all this talk around us about how and with who we are going to spend this ‘important’ time with. So I was constantly thinking that you people would be the ones I would have loved to spend it with, but could not. Anyway, I got over it by partying like a maniac and telling everyone that I love celebrating the birth of Jesus, especially as we (the jews) were the ones to initially kill him. I wonder why I didn’t get any presents…

It has been a very strange Christmas for me here. I found myself laying on the beach on Christmas morning, while everyone else was stretching out and going for their morning jog/swim/surf. I had a biiiig night out before that (and the two nights before that really), which was a lot of fun. But after spending three of the last Christmases in the homeland of Santa, in a real Finnish home (with Milla’s family), it was very different.

People are very friendly here… Especially around this season. I remember leaving one of the Christmas parties and seeing a guy walking his two dogs. We passed each other and somehow it felt very normal to say “merry Christmas” to each other. Funnily enough, I noticed that one of his dogs was taking a dump just as we were saying our most sincere holiday greetings. How sweet and real is that !? With that thought on my mind, I arrived to the bus station, on my way to the next party. And there I was confronted with a huge Pepsi advert with the one and only David Hasselhoff. I find it very interesting that he is a real star over here and you can see his face all over town… Lucky for David, Australians have bad taste. I think I just missed the bus, as I was waiting for quite some time… And I was all alone and a bit bored. What better opportunity did I have to take a picture of me and David ??? I started setting up the camera on the bench, with a 10 second timer. So here I am, leaning on the wall of the bus station, posing right next to David. Cameras ready, prepare to flash ! About 3 seconds before the camera went off a girl steps right into the bus station. How can the thing you fear most at some point just come true like that ?? The world can be a bitch sometimes and I love it for it ! :) I got out of it by explaining the girl how much of a star David is and how funny these commercials are. Then I asked her to take a picture of us, which she did. There wasn’t a lot of conversation after that though. I am pretty sure she is writing a mass email to all of her friends and family right now, telling them of this FREAK she met in a bus station.

And what about New Years Eve ??? Even more plans and more questions of who’s, how’s, when’s, why’s, how much it cost’s and how do we get there’s ??? After not being able to get any free tickets for Fatboy Slim on the beach, I ended up going to a really nice house (as in somebody’s house, not ‘house music’) party in Bondi. Lots of funny welsh/british people, good vibes, EXCELLENT house music by three british dj’s, lots of drinks, but no barbeque. I am sure that the hosts of the party were wondering where the two Chorizos in their fridge came from. Well they came from one really hungry Finnish tourist, that didn’t realize that it wasn’t a BBQ party.

So what else has been going on in my life besides silly situations that have no real point in them ??? I have been meeting some interesting people, laying on the beach, waiting for the clothing samples to arrive, waiting a bit more, surfing the internet, drinking more beer, chatting on Skype, making myself some GOOD food (believe it or not!!!), washing the dishes and my clothes and trying not to spend too much money on everything and anything. My flat mates think I will be a great housewife and this makes me so proud of myself ! Who would had believed ??? If nothing else comes out of this trip, then at least I have learned to take care of my needs and realize a lot of things that are involved in everyday life. By the way mom, I need more money. Naaaaaaaaah, just kidding! I got a credit card.

I know there is a lot more to learn, especially about the business side of things, but that will take some more time, which is a bit annoying. At this point of my life, I feel that focusing on myself and learning more about me is even more important then work. I am keeping myself as positive as ever and looking forward to the very near future. The nearer I look, the better it all seems really… Looking too far is sometimes scary and I really don’t know how necessary it is.

I have started to read some books and somehow have a bit of a problem to get into them. There are too many distractions around me and in my head and it will only get worse when the work starts fully. So I should probably stop writing now and continue to read “the power of now” by Eckhart Tolle, which is looking to be very interesting and motivating.


Hope to catch you soon ! Send me some stories of your holidays…


Lots of love,
Oded

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters