A Whole Lot More

These are my stories... A bit stupid, a bit deep, a bit funny and all real.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Life in Sydney - Part 6

Written on the 15th of March

Hello loved ones,
I am once again on a Singapore Airlines flight. I have Lauren Hill playing through the amazing entertainment system and decided that I should start writing to you again. I hope I don't get too emotional again, start crying and arouse terrorist suspicions.

First of all lets go back in time to Singapore. The food was really good, the crowd at the club was 95% gay men (and they all wanted me, naturally), the boutique hotel was beautiful, the humidity was crazy and the streets were still spotless.

The Ice Hockey finals of the Olympics were on, on the night after my gig (Sunday). Finland against Sweden in the Olympic Finals ! I dosn’t get any bigger then that and I HAD to see it. I obsessively called 10 different sports bars (ALL showing the same fucking Soccer game), the embassy of Finland (closed), random Finnish people through SiSu (Singaporen Suomalaiset) and emailed Finnish players of the Singaporean Hockey League. I tried to explain the importance of this spectacular event to many Singaporeans and they all thought I was an idiot. Idiots… At last I had to give it up and listen to the game through a web-broadcast on Finland’s national radio. I really wish I had that Star Trek machine that would ‘beam me up’ home for situations like this.

After only two nights in Singapore I was on my way to Bali.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters