A Whole Lot More

These are my stories... A bit stupid, a bit deep, a bit funny and all real.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Life in Sydney - Part 7

I don’t think that I still even realize how much I learned and how much inspiration I got out of my two weeks in Bali, so maybe writing it down will help me digest it better…

I was going back to a magical place. A place that was different, but where I could still feel comfortable and secure. I knew the streets, the beaches, the corruptible cops, the villas, the clubs, the people, the shops, the scooter rental prices and the voluptuous He-Shes.

The main reason for me to go to Bali, was to find interesting products. This is because our familia has started renting out so called “sales tables” at the new shopping mall in Helsinki. So after visiting around 100 different shops, driving ALL over the place with my scooter, saying “what is the business price for this” about 200 times and choosing products I like, we are ready to go ! We will have a funky little Bali table set up in Helsinki for the upcoming summer. Just a small collection of the great things you can find in Bali, such as bags, silver jewelry, t-shirts, other funky jewelry, incents, sarongs and other things that I can’t remember now. I hope we are able to get a good sense of where it could go from there and make some bigger orders of the products that seem to catch best. This was an exciting and fun task, of me finding beautiful products and play a game of “guess the price” in my head. What would sell, for how much, who would buy it, how it would be set up… I think this was the best thing that Bali gave me. The chance to forget all about this shoe/clothing mumbo jumbo and throw myself in the opposite role. The role of the buyer… That is SO MUCH FUCKING MORE FUN!!!

Is this business bullshit as boring to you, as it is to me ??

Anyways !!! To the point. The island, once again, inspired me to believe and go deeper inside my brick head. The yoga, the massages, the sea, the warm & smiling people, the crowd & music at my dj gigs, the cheap yet delicious food, my hair blowing in the air as my scooter took me deep into the sunset… All of these things constantly reminded me that the world has so much to offer and that worrying, feeling stressed or being depressed is really a complete waste of energy! Yeah yeah… I am aware that the whole world knows this. But at this time of my life, I needed Bali to slap me in the face and wake me up (before you go go). I really feel that I am on a new level of understanding.

I have already been in Melbourne for a week now and I can already say that I love it. I was lucky enough to get a room in a nice flat and a VERY good housemate. I got connected with him through a mutual friend from Sydney. His name is Paul… He thinks and acts very similar to me and is just an all around good guy, with a big heart. This has made me feel at home from day one. We have gone out, stayed in, ordered in, played playstation, been drunk, eaten pizza, talked about life, made future plans of millionarism, told funny jokes etc. I know that there is lots more to come…

Besides Paul, Melbourne has been very cool. The vibe here is completely different from Sydney’s. The all around style here is to have an edge and be a bit weird. I saw more weird things here in a day, then what I had seen in Sydney in three months! Tans really don’t matter around this place and being dirty is the thing.

I also love the realness of this city. Lets put it this way: If you have a bad taste in your mouth in Melbourne, then you don’t need to swallow it. You are allowed to spit it out on the street… I felt as if in Sydney I had to keep it in. Everything was so nice and dandy over there that I was scared of being arrested for doing dirty deeds. Melbourne gives you the opportunity to say whatever you say and act however you act and I really like that… Maybe these people haven’t experienced as many sunstrokes as the Sydneyans. The sun kills brain cells. Hmmmh, Melbourne is doing that to me as we speak. So I guess I am once again lost in my own plots and story lines of the never-ending wribbly gibbly of deep bullshit…

I will finish for now and continue sometime soon... I still miss you and think of you every day. So please don’t be strangers and stay in touch.

Peeeeeeace,
Oded

4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Charli Cole said...

Hey you,

I'm not a 24-year-old virgin in a sexual sense. I was using the phrase metaphorically. You had to read the entire post in order to comprehend it. I'm a writer, waiting to hear back from a publishing company as to whether or not my book is going to be published. They've given hint to it and have requested for me to write for another imprint. Yet, there's still been no word.

When I say I want to lose my virginity, I mean...I want to go from being unpublished to published...I want an editor to urge me into blossoming. Get it, luv? I don't need sex. I've been shagged one too many times already. Trust me on that one. And if you'd read my entire blog, you would know, I'm far from a virgin. :)

Take care of yourself, darling.

Cali

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Oded said...

Hey Cali !
Sex sells, and I was sold after reading that post. I couldn't spot the metaphors on it, so I guess I need to get reading !

cheeerios :)
Oded

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cali !
Sex sells, and I was sold right after reading that post. I couldn't spot the metaphors on it, so I guess I need to get reading !

cheeerios :)
Oded

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Charli Cole said...

You bet your arse it sells. It's a good thing I didn't include a picture of my fanny like I intended to. That really would've taken away the focus from the words.

Have a great one, luv.

Cali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free webpage counters